How to power a Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 - water proof

dear all

I am currently coding on a Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 - water proof kit.

seeedstudio.com/wiki/Seeedui … _Solar_Kit

It is sold with a solar panel to recharge the battery. Unfortunately, I will not have a lot of light where my sensor will be installed and I would like to power the board with a charger from 110V-220V plug and keep the battery only for potential power shortage.

my questions are :

1. what is the best option for connection and charger ?

2. I have a previous Arduino Uno charger (9V-1A), would it work with some linear regulator ? what wiring should I use ?

3. any recommendation for a Li-Ion battery that could I buy and that would last longer than this 3.7 V at 1000mA ?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Seeeduino Stalker uses CN3063 for charging the LiPo using Solar cell. You need to take care of CN3063 specification to fullfil the requirements of your application.

1)Use a 5V DC power supply or charger.
2)If you have a 9v, 1A charger. Use a 5V fixed linear voltage regulator to reduce the voltage.
3)We have many LiPo packs. Please search for “Lithium Ion polymer Battery” in bazaar. Use a battery suitable for your application. Please note that if you use a higher capacity LiPo pack, it will take longer to charge (as CN3063 supports upto 600mA continuous charge)

Thanks.

Any old 5V USB wall wart will work. Just connect it where the solar panel goes. You have to cut off the mini USB connector and figure out where the +5 and ground are in the cable and then connect them to the same connector as the solar panel. I usually have the batteries in place but, they may not need to be there.