Sound Sensor --> error in Specification

Hey, I’m new here and want just post a problem I found. Sorry if I didn’t use all formatting described in the long “welcome” letter (…too long for my slow brain) and couln’t find “issues/bug” cathegory. And I’m too lacy to search all the posts if this was reported anywhere already. Sorry again!

This is an information for Seeed
I just want to point out a wrong description: in Grove-Sound_Sensor
I read under Specifications: “Microphone Frequency: 16-20 kHz”.
First little error: Does it mean 16 kHz - 20 kHz? No. I think you wanted to write 16 Hz - 20 kHz.
But this is also wrong! I measured very low Frequencies, about 1Hz.
It can easy reproduced: run test sketch with the Arduino plotter, close up the room and open & close one door. This causes pressure differences and you can see this clearly on the plotter. This is as fast as you move the door. --> about 1 time per seconds = 1Hz.

I sugest to change the “Microphone Frequency” in the specification to: “1Hz - 20 kHz”.
If you want to use the Sound Sensor e.g. as alarm trigger but get “random” wrong alarms - this may be the reason.

I already pointed out the same problem in Grove-Loudness_Sensor months ago (by mail), you(Seeed) reacted to it, I liked your fast and easy reaction. But you did not think further. I have to find out everything myself and then post here, or just leave it wrong… :confused:

Ways to fix sound sensor error-

1. Check your speaker output
  2. Run the audio troubleshooter
  3. Verify that all Windows Updates are installed
  4. Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections
  5. Check sound settings
  6. Fix your audio drivers
  7. Set your audio device as the default device
  8. Turn off audio enhancements
  9. Restart Audio Services
  10. Try different audio formats
  11. Restart to apply installed updates
  12. Check for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in Device Manager

Regards,
Rachel Gomez